Saturday, 14 August 2010

Shimelle's summer online crop

I swapped my usual lazy Sunday for a lazy Saturday today. The combination of a biblical rainstorm outside and Shimelle's online crop were both excellent excuses to do so.

Shimelle's hosting scrapping and photo challenges all day today and tomorrow, a very inspirational incentive to get going with paper and glue. Especially if like me, you live nowhere near any crops and don't have a car!

So the first page I made was one for this challenge, to include pink somewhere on the page.  Now I am not usually a great fan of pink, but my friend Natalie is, and a couple of weekends ago it was her hen do!




There was a considerable amount of pink in the photos already, so I just went for little flashes of pink with the embellishments and included my badge from the day. It involved going to see Dirty Dancing (hence the watermelon in the photo and the quotes from the film), and a Hawaiian themed night out in the West End and it was so much fun! Mostly I just wanted the page to be as colourful as the photos and the day itself and completely went to town with a spectacularly busy page.



Cosmo's Girl Friday features quite heavily on this page, along with Hambly and a smidge of Sassafras. The Hambly was very useful for disguising that the black ink is running out in my printer, so the combination with the black cardstock worked really well with some of the darker photos.

Next, I chose to make a page with squares. As I mentioned in the last post, I am not usually a very 'graphic' scrapper, as in I don't have the patience for strict measurements and proper straight lines, but I do really like the look so thought this would be a good challenge. I think the result is a bit easier on the eye than the previous page!


This is shamefully going to be the March feature page for my Document 2010 project! The feature pages are always the last to be done. I moved house in March as well so it wasn't like I didn't know what it was going to be about, but those are always the hardest pages to start, I find. 




True to form, the lines are a little off-kilter, but hey, they go with that splendid shelves paper! I love the American Crafts Abode range, so it was great to finally do something with it! The photo also features my lovely Expedit unit which is all squares (it came with the flat, brilliantly), and if you look closely, there is even some pretty rainbow squared coasters, so I couldn't have found a more appropriate photo for this page if I'd tried.

Thanks Shimelle, for the great challenges! And it's still going (until tomorrow) if you fancy joining in. :o)

1 comment: