Monday, 9 August 2010

Holiday scrapping :o)

Hello, wasn't July a busy month! I have printed a ton of photos in the past week and so now I have some scrapbook pages to show you.



You can tell from this that my photography of 12 x12 pages has not improved, but hopefully some of the shots on this page make up for it. They are all from my recent trip to the Eden Project, which is a perfect place to practice and play with a camera, I had a great time seeking out colours and shapes and textures I loved and was just astonished by the scale of the Bio-domes. I made the mosaic using the big huge labs mosaic maker with flickr, this is fantastic.



I used a combination of October Afternoon's 'Fly a Kite' and My Minds Eye's 'Bloom and Grow'. The Fly a Kite is perfect for summer photos, even for holidays like this one where it was pouring with rain for pretty much the whole time! It is very much inspired by a feature in the latest Scrapbook Inspirations Idea Book to do with leaving some white space. I am very sad these Idea Books are no more, I'm really going to miss them.


This next one is from the same holiday, it is about a lovely place in Devon that time forgot, in effect it's a whole fishing village that is like a living museum. People do live there, but most of it is traffic-less, it's on a very steep hill down to the sea, and the paths are cobbled. Donkeys used to be used to get things in and out, but now there is a proper road alongside it so they only have to carry children and tourists!


This is about as graphic as my pages ever get, I did add some curves and ribbon to try to break up the straight lines a bit. I wanted a faded nostalgic feel for this, and once again Fly a Kite was just perfect for it. I think that blue paper looks a bit like the sea.

I've also been sorting through my photos for Document 2010, which I am trying to catch up with. The photo pockets are all up-to-date now, I'm especially loving that part of it as it really encourages me to print out at least 10 photos each month. I've been finding I've been printing many more than that though, so have started an overflow basic photo album, which is very random (in a good way). It is a basic kraft binder with loads of pockets and it will be given a pretty makeover at some point. It is good to have photos somewhere other than on my computer and in my scrapbooks again, since I have not had a general photo album on the go for a couple of years now.

I'll try not to leave it so long next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment