Monday, 16 August 2010

Online cropping, pt 2

Posting twice within a couple of days, very rare for me. Especially given I'm so tired and about to head off on my travels to the Edinburgh Fringe, via my friend's wedding!

I'm not quite there yet, so I thought I'd wrap up my cropping activities this weekend. Shimelle did us proud and kept the inspiration flowing thick and fast.

Yesterday I headed out to see a terrific account of my favourite play. Plays on Sundays - what a great idea! While I was there I took the opportunity to take a picture 'up above'.



















I certainly picked the right day of the weekend for it - the weather couldn't quite make up its mind what it was doing the day before, so I went out fully equipped, waterproof poncho in bag! Luckily it wasn't needed and I stayed dry throughout.

When I got home, I stuck down the prototype page I'd put together earlier, involving quadrants.



















I used four 6x6 papers from the same range - it's My Mind's Eye's Bloom and Grow. I'm not entirely happy with this - perhaps a sign I really do prefer plain cardstock backgrounds at heart! But it serves a useful purpose, catching up with Document 2010. I'm really loving this project, it's coming to life more and more as the year draws on and it's starting to get more difficult to remember exactly what I was doing in February! This is my collection of bits and pieces from June. I've been finding I'm better at keeping the evidence of my month in a designated place than actually doing something with it, but it's also really good for jogging my memory when doing the pages in hindsight, as I am now.

This page also features a layered embellishment made with the scraps at hand.



















Admittedly it's pretty simple - a Sassafras whimsy, a bloom, a sticker, some ribbon scraps, but hey, it matches the rest of the page nicely and is something I made rather than bought, which is always good.

By the time I'd got this far, my scrap space (aka coffee table) was getting pretty messy. Note the essentials - glue, pens, scissors, cup of tea...



















I also thought I'd take a picture out of the window, but it was night again before I got round to this one, and I didn't foresee being reflected in the window!













But that covered another one, so I didn't mind too much. :o)

So I tried again. One of the characteristics of my flat is how close I am to next door, which is particularly obvious when we both have our curtains open. I've always liked lighted windows against the dark, and old sash windows, and I can also see both the view and the reflection in this photo, which I am quite pleased with, despite it not being the world's most promising photo. A reflection of the here and now.













I have been so very inspired by this online cropping lark this weekend, and it's been great to see what everyone else is doing too - hurrah for the blogosphere! I also made this next page. It's for the May section of Document 2010, and it doesn't fit any of the remaining challenges, but I thought you might like to see it anyway. :o)



















Thanks again, Shimelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment