Hello! What a lovely bank holiday weekend this has been. Well, it had this theatre in it, which makes any weekend a highlight.
The RSC's new theatre (The RST) is truly brilliant, and in Macbeth, it has a production that really shows off what it can do. I have been taking a photo from this spot every time I've been to Stratford since the building work began, and it is wonderful to finally see the vision realised. I sat on the terrace in the sunshine between plays and drank a private little birthday toast to the house playwright (The town celebrates officially next weekend, but it is in fact usually celebrated on St George's Day - Easter got in the way this year!)
So the purpose of this post was really to show you what I have been making today. April has bought this little guy into my life:
And not before time - a phone that was made this century is a definite step up from my last one! I've been carrying it around in an old sock since I got it, so today I resolved to make it something more fitting. I have been perusing Etsy for suitable ideas, so today I decided to see if I could recreate one for myself.
I started by measuring the iphone (and googling for other case dimensions), and so began with with two pretty fabrics and some batting measuring 4.5 x 12 inches.
And this is what I ended up with! It might not look much, and is indeed extremely simple - just batting stitched between two bits cut off fat quarters folded up and turned inside out - but it is the first thing I have ever made on my sewing machine without a pattern. That's huge. I am seriously the most inexpert sewer you ever saw, but apparently I've done enough to see a picture and have some idea how to make it up as I go along. It's not perfect, and I wish I'd thought to attach a pocket for earphones, but I love the fabric, it's much better than an old sock, and I can easily replace it when I get bored. It's also made out of things I already had. Win!
Next Sunday is my sister's wedding (yay!), so I've also been making her a card - but more of that (and hopefully some pretty photos too) after the day! Until then, happy short bank holiday week, enjoy what's left of it, especially if you're on holiday for the duration! x
Tell Your Story - An Online Journaling Workshop
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment