Thank the stars for BT Openzone, for that is how I am online at home and writing this. I do not enjoy my forays to the cyber cafe at the end of the road, it is much better to sit here with a cup of tea/glass of wine (depending on the time of day). Tea, at the moment, on a lazy Saturday morning.
This is my weekend at home where I finally get to find a place for the random odds and ends after the move. I'm not complaining it has taken nearly 3 weeks to get this far, life has intervened very joyfully in the meantime!
So last weekend, I was here:
My mum and I had a long weekend in Paris. It was beautiful, my favourite bits were Montmartre (it is still possible to turn a corner and escape the hoardes of tourists, and it's a lovely place to watch the sun go down), and the Jardin du Luxembourg (which is full of random statues and astonishing splashes of colour, like this):
There is also a brilliant footbridge, one bridge away from the Pont Neuf, which we noticed had loads of padlocks attached to the edges, each one with little massages of love and life - a very novel method of leaving your mark. Walking over it at night, it is full of groups of students, some with guitars, and it has a lovely atmosphere, rather like the saner reaches of the Greenfields at Glastonbury after sunset.
We also went to VersionScrap, a fantastic scrapbooking show! Yes I know Ally Pally was the same weekend, but I went to this last year and it was brilliant, so this year I took my mum and made a weekend of it. We bought many pretty things, this was me being restrained (oh dear):
And I was very delighted to find the new Sassafras lines, the colours are just gorgeous in real life, I especially love Cherry Delicious.
Alas, no new October Afternoon though.
I will have to post this before my time runs out! Will scrap things with all this soon, it will be my reward for having sorted out the remains of the odds and ends in my flat. :o)
Tell Your Story - An Online Journaling Workshop
3 weeks ago

What a great haul! I've been playing with that new Sass and I love it
ReplyDelete