Sunday, 20 March 2011

Some actual scrapping!

So the sun finally reappeared in London this weekend, and there was much rejoicing. It's been grey and miserable for so long, the little warmth was a welcome surprise, spring feels like it's a long tome coming this year. So at some point I have a lovely sunset on the river and some pretty cherry blossom to scrap from yesterday afternoon, but since I'm spectacularly behind with photo printing, that will have to wait. I've got a heap of CHA 2011 scrappy goodness on its way from Sarah's Cards, so I thought it was time to put a dent in some of the current stash and my teetering pile of unscrapped photos! Hence this layout with photos from the Latitude festival last summer and October Afternoon's campfire line.

I love the pictorial paper of a campsite with little pockets of trees, it was perfect for photos of the Latitude site, which is on an estate and has random bits of woodland and a manmade lake running through it. They spray paint the sheep pretty colours, and it was so hot on the Sunday that loads of them were sheltering in the tiny amount of shade behind the Latitude sign. It isn't really that shape, it's a straight line, and the photos don't quite line up, but I like the 3D effect of putting the photos together so it rendered my haphazard photo taking a happy accident. I wrote extra notes of festival highlights on the background, which blend in nicely with the paper itself. Pretty simple, but I like.
In other news, today I made some Easter cornflake cakes using a fab recipe out of Ideal Home. It involves dark chocolate, golden syrup and butter, yum. I usually just melt chocolate, but will be trying this again for sure. Talking of Ideal Home, I went to the show last weekend and fell head over heels for this room.
One day, when I have a house where I can actually paint the walls, some of them are going to be orange like this! Sigh. Design heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment